Traffic Info - Covid19
COVID-19 Information for travelers using Disko Line
Disko Line follows the situation on a daily basis, and as always, we adhere to the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs' official travel guide and guidelines from the Greenlandic authorities.
Last updated: Wednesday 30 September 2020.
The new executive order for travel in and entry into Greenland has three primary changes:
- Reintroduction of quarantine rules for all entrants
- All entrants - regardless of age - must present proof of a negative result for COVID-19
- Use of medical face mask - until final destination. If you for instance travel from Denmark and are travelling to Qeqertarsuaq or Qaqortoq, you may not remove the face mask until you have left the terminal at your final destination. Please notice: Traveling to a town / settlement that is not listed in the list below, is not permitted, unless you can document a negative COVID-19 result:
1) I Avannaata Kommunia:
2) I Kommune Qeqertalik:
3) I Qeqqata Kommunia:
4) I Kommuneqarfik Sermersooq:
5) I Kommune Kujalleq:
New recommendations when entering Greenland
All travelers to Greenland are encouraged to:
- Quarantine for 5 days upon arrival
- Re-testing on the 5th day after arrival. If you are unable to provide a second negative test result, you should self-quarantine for 14 days
- Keeping a distance and completely avoid social events until it is ruled out that you are infected with COVID-19
- Use of medical face mask from Denmark throughout the entire journey until you reach your final destination in Greenland
The authorities' guidelines are updated regularly. We encourage you to stay up to date with the latest information and recommendations.
You can read more here: https://nun.gl/